Sunday, May 22, 2011

Baked Zucchini with Tomatoes and Dill


Okay, I'll admit. I'm not a fan of hot tomatoes, outside of the usual pureed variety (and neither is anyone else in this house). So imagine my husband's surprise when I whipped out this little beauty at dinner. Simple, vegan and oh-my-god delicious. I was somehow channeling my memories of ratatouille I think, a meal that my husband decidedly did NOT like (we'll have to agree to disagree there...) But this version was a success, by all accounts.

Ingredients

1 onion, sliced into half moons
4 zucchini, sliced in cirlces
1 tomato, sliced
3 tbsp dill
3 tbsp olive oil, plus more for oiling pan
salt
pepper
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp. celery leaves, chopped
2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped


Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Oil a casserole dish and line the bottom with the onion slices. Next, layer the zucchini and the tomato on top, alternating them as you go. Top with the celery and parsley.

Whisk the olive oil, garlic and dill in a small bowl and drizzle on top of the vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste.

Bake for 20-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment