Thursday, April 26, 2012

Gazpacho

When I was a kid, my mom used to make this soup, Gazpacho, which is a cold tomato soup. While I'm sure she never used a blender to make hers, I find that this way is quick and cleanup is a breeze, and it makes for a nice, thick soup.  I'm not sure how my mom got me to love this, as my kids wouldn't be caught dead eating cold soup, especially not tomato soup. I'm still trying to convince them that tomatoes are really delicious. It's an ongoing battle.  Still, it makes a nice light lunch for the resident grown-ups.



Serves 2

4 tomatoes, quartered
half of an onion, quartered
1 bell pepper, quartered
1 cucumber, chopped
2 green onions, roughly chopped
 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste


Combine all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until roughly blended. Add water to adjust thickness level as desired. Serve immediately and garnish with avocado.


No comments:

Post a Comment