It seems sometime after June, I fell off of posting regular recipes here. It sometimes goes like that. We didn't stop eating, I just either lacked the incentive to post it, or we scarfed it up too quickly to photograph it. Or more often then not, I was in a mode of recycling tried and true recipes and not coming up with anything new.
Maybe I was kidnapped by ravenous vegetarian ninjas. But if I was, I'll never tell. They've sworn me to secrecy.
So hi again, and welcome back. Or maybe you never went anywhere at all, and waiting patiently for me to post something new, and so I'll say it's good to be back.
This recipe was so delightful, and screamingly easy to make. I cheated a little bit here and used pre-made pie dough (which I almost never do, but I was short on time, so there you have it.) If you have the time to make your own pie crust, I recommend it.
Each pie will serve about 3 people.
Zucchini and Cherry Tomato Galletes.
1 cup ricotta
1/2 cup good-quality parmesan cheese
1 pie crust
about 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes or zucchini
2 Tbsp basil, chopped, for garnish
1. Mix the ricotta and parmesan together in a bowl and spread evenly on the pie crust(s). Leave about an inch wide border, this will be turned up and over to form the frame of the galette.
2. Arrange your veggies on top of the ricotta/parmesan mixture.
3. Fold up the edges of the pie crust around your veggies.
4. Sprinkle a small amount of olive oil over the top.
5. (Optional) brush pie crust with milk or egg wash.
6. Place on an oiled cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the pie crust is golden. Let cool slightly and garnish with basil. Can be served hot or at room temperature.
Goes well with a fresh green salad. Enjoy!