Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Teriyaki Sesame Greens with Beer Battered Tofu



This recipe is so screamingly easy it barely qualifies as a "recipe." My lovely friend Leslie made this dish for me last week when I was visiting and I couldn't wait to come home and try it out!

To make the greens, simply cut and wash the greens of your choice (I prefer kale and chard) and place in a large pot. Use a lot of greens, they cook down, well, a lot!

Add in a generous splash of Soyaki, or similar teriyaki sauce, and cook over medium heat. Continue to toss until the greens are wilted. Enjoy!


Beer Battered Tofu


Tofu doesn't have a flavor, really, so it helps to season the batter. I served these with a bowl of peanut butter and jelly dipping sauce, which I made by mixing peanut butter, a splash of rice wine vinegar and mango chutney.

1 cup flour
1 egg, or substitute
1 1/2 cups beer of your choice
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp. 21 Seasoning Salute or Mrs. Dash season mix

Combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth and set aside.

Meanwhile, cut a block of extra firm tofu into fingers and dredge in flour. Then dip in batter and fry in hot oil until brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment