Saturday, March 3, 2012

Japanese Style Ramen

I am not afraid to admit that I've probably eaten about ten tons of Top Ramen in my life; first as an after school snack, then as a starving college student. But as an adult, I just can't bring myself to bring something so full of salt and fat into my home. Why is it that all of our childhood food nostalgia involves horrible, horrible things? (Like ho-hos, or twinkies, or instant oatmeal).

Fast forward to yesterday, where I found organic, authentic, Japanese style ramen! You have no. idea. how excited I was.  Aren't they beautiful?





To make basic recipe:

Bring 4 cups of vegetable broth to a boil and salt to taste. Reduce heat to simmer, and add in desired amount of noodles. Simmer for about 4 minutes, or until noodles are done. Ladle hot noodles and soup into bowl and top with your favorite toppings. 

I used celery, carrots, green onion, radish and a hard boiled egg. Delicious! A new, grownup version of the old favorite that I'm not afraid to feed my kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment