Sunday, December 12, 2010

Roasted Bell Pepper and Tomato Pasta Sauce


Today I made a quick pasta sauce, using ingredients I had on hand. I can't tell you how delightful it smells. At first I couldn't figure out what taste it was missing, and then I hit on it: bell pepper. So friends, here is my pasta recipe! We had it with veggie meatballs and whole wheat spaghetti.




2 cans stewed tomatoes with basil and oregano


2 cloves garlic


2 leaves fresh sage


2 tbsp. fresh rosemary


2 tbsp. fresh thyme


1/8 cup olive oil


1/4 cup roasted red and yellow bell pepper (I had some in a jar, but you can easily make your own)




Combine all ingredients, except olive oil, in a blender and blend until smooth.




Heat olive oil in a sauce pan and add in your blended ingredients. Simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve warm with your favorite pasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment